Mark H Weaver writes: > I have good news and bad news. The good news is that thanks to the > heroic efforts of Amin Bandali , a recently appointed > co-maintainer of GNU IceCat, there now exists a preliminary version of > IceCat 68 that builds successfully and works on Trisquel. I'm subscribed to bug-gnuzilla, but I haven't seen messages about this. Where does communication and coordination for IceCat happen these days? I'd like to help, and it's tough to work alone. > The bad news is that IceCat 68 has a new dependency: rust-cbindgen, > which itself depends on *245* other Rust libraries that are not yet > packaged for Guix. I see Efraim is already helping with this, which is great! Ivan Petkov and I worked a bit on the rust build system a while back, and although it works to a certain extent, I think neither of us would claim it's perfect. There is a lot of room for improvement, and I'm glad Efraim has been experimenting with it! -- Chris