unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* How would packaging Steam-proton games be received?
@ 2020-12-31 18:09 Josh Marshall
From: Josh Marshall @ 2020-12-31 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Happy end of the forever year, everyone

One thing I know that I have run into, and have heard so many times over
from those on Windows is how unstable or much of a hassle it can be to get
games to work.  In the last few weeks, I spent ~20 hours just to this
hassle myself.  Having everything included as a guix package would go a
very long way to resolving these instabilities, kicking most of the
problems down to just the kernel and kernel modules which is far more
constrained.  This should make it easier to make not Windows more
palatable, but AGPL+DRM isn't exactly the most cozy of relationships.
Given this, would having these games as packages be permissible?  Perfect
being the enemy of the good and all that.