Josh Marshall writes: > Happy end of the forever year, everyone > > One thing I know that I have run into, and have heard so many times over > from those on Windows is how unstable or much of a hassle it can be to get > games to work. In the last few weeks, I spent ~20 hours just to this > hassle myself. Having everything included as a guix package would go a > very long way to resolving these instabilities, kicking most of the > problems down to just the kernel and kernel modules which is far more > constrained. This should make it easier to make not Windows more > palatable, but AGPL+DRM isn't exactly the most cozy of relationships. > Given this, would having these games as packages be permissible? Perfect > being the enemy of the good and all that. Hi Josh, I'm not quite sure what games/software you're referring to, can you clarify? In terms of Steam and Proton which you mention, as far as I'm aware, Steam is non-free software, so not suitable for Guix to distribute [1]. As for Proton, it might be free software, I'm unsure, so maybe that would be useful to package? 1: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Software-Freedom.html Thanks, Chris