From: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
To: "Léo Le Bouter" <lle-bout@zaclys.net>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Secure GNU Guix offloading
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 10:26:44 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi!

Léo Le Bouter <lle-bout@zaclys.net> skribis:

> I don't want to give more access than what SSH non-root access would
> give, and I think it would be possible to do something helpful in GNU
> Guix offloading so it can work even without the offload machine
> trusting the client's store public signing key.

One possibility would be to give SSH access and nothing more.  That
would allow hackers to run:

  GUIX_DAEMON_SOCKET=ssh://leo.example.org guix build whatever

Users would still be able to retrieve build results from your machine
via ‘guix copy’ or an instance of ‘guix publish’ running on the machine.

HTH!