Hi Bone Baboon, thank you for the further info! Bone Baboon writes: [...] > # On by default telemetry > > On by default telemetry is being introduced to Audacity. This does not > comply with the No Malware section of the FSDG. > Will be possible to disable Audacity telemetry in our official Guix package definition using a build flag or a patch? AFAIK the answer is yes, this means Audacity Guix package can (easily) be "transformed" to be FSDG compliant when (if?) telemetry will be set opt-out upstream; if the answer will be no, we should remove the next Audacity-with-undisableable-telemetry version. [...] > # Freedom 0 > > Audacity can no longer be used for any purpose. Section 3 of the Muse > Group's new privacy policy for Audacity > says: --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- The policy below is a DRAFT document. It does not apply to any current Audacity release as these do not include networking features. --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8--- it's still a draft and it does not apply to current release >> 3 Minors >> >> 1 The App we provide is not intended for individuals below the age >> of 13. If you are under 13 years old, please do not use the App. I really don't know the rationale for that (draft) privacy notice, but - although IANAL - I'm almost sure they can not add any sort of restriction to run the program via some sort of "EULA-like" clauses like a "Privacy Notice"... so let's see how the legal situation of Audacity will evolve: I'm pretty confident they'll remove the above mentioned article 3 (Minors) before the next release :-) [...] Anyway, as Leo P. correcly points out, Guix can provide both official Audacity (with telemetry disabled by default) and any of it's coming forks. Happy hacking! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures