unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Guix on my ROCKPro64 and on an old Android Tablet
@ 2022-08-13 17:04 Tobias Platen
From: Tobias Platen @ 2022-08-13 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Today I began building the Guix System for my ROCKPro64.
I installed Guix on top of Debian and tried to build uboot, it works:

guix build u-boot-rockpro64-rk3399
successfully built /gnu/store/g1d4kjgn9b46vqk9mwhd0kc2r6sfi7cz-u-boot-
rockpro64-rk3399-2022.04.drv
/gnu/store/90p0yndkj89c5chnri2asj9m46glxq50-u-boot-rockpro64-rk3399-
2022.04

Since my old Android Tablet has an Intel Atom SoC, I could easily
install Debian, on top of that I installed Wesnoth, which I had packed
from my Laptop running the full Guix System.

* Re: Guix on my ROCKPro64 and on an old Android Tablet
@ 2022-08-13 18:44 ` Vagrant Cascadian
From: Vagrant Cascadian @ 2022-08-13 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Platen, guix-devel

On 2022-08-13, Tobias Platen wrote:
> Today I began building the Guix System for my ROCKPro64.
> I installed Guix on top of Debian and tried to build uboot, it works:
>
> guix build u-boot-rockpro64-rk3399
> successfully built /gnu/store/g1d4kjgn9b46vqk9mwhd0kc2r6sfi7cz-u-boot-
> rockpro64-rk3399-2022.04.drv
> /gnu/store/90p0yndkj89c5chnri2asj9m46glxq50-u-boot-rockpro64-rk3399-
> 2022.04

Yay!

Interestingly, a significant part of my reason for packaging guix for
Debian was to be able to bootstrap Guix System on arm* devices where
Debian was already working somewhat. :)

I think I've only used that functionality once or twice, though.

I did the opposite with the pinebook pro, where I first got Guix System
running on it, and eventually installed Debian with it. :)

live well,
  vagrant