Hi Sarthak, Just chiming in on one of your questions. Sarthak Shah writes: > Hi Ludovic, > Thank you for your suggestions! > I've decided to focus on parameterized packages for my GSoC Application. > Owing to mid semester exams, I have not been able to contribute much to > Guix up until recently, and as such my only contributions are a simple > patch and two packages. I am currently in the process of working on a > script similar to NixOS' command-not-found that relies on guix index (which > is yet to be merged). > I have four questions with regards to my application and I'd appreciate > answers from individuals in the mailing list; > 1. Are there any specific issues I could work on to develop a better > understanding of package transformations and also prove my skills I think the issue mentioned in the last message at [1] could be a good start, though it may require some knowledge of Guix, mostly through its G-Expressions! You would have to extend the transformation to consider the case where the source is not a directory. > 2. What is expected from a project proposal > 3. Is there a soft deadline for submitting the draft proposal > 4. Would anyone here be interested in co-mentoring this project I unfortunately don't think I can co-mentor the project, but I'll always be happy to answer questions whenever I'm available :) [1] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/61684#16 Best, -- Josselin Poiret