Hi Joshua! jbranso@dismail.de writes: [...] >> Now I'm trying to use it on two VPS from two different vendors, booted >> in rescue mode, but after the installation (via bootstrap-guix.sh) when >> I reboot the VPS I get the usual grub menu but the boot process suddenly >> fails with this error (manually copied from web console, sorry for >> possible typos): > > I just logged into my linode server...your script defaults to a btrfs > filesystem right? Right, and now that you pointed to that I realized that may be not a good idea for a QEMU virtual machine [1]: I'll switch to ext4 to be sure > When I tried to add an additional disk in linode just now, the only > supported filesystem was ext4. Does linode support btrfs? I'm not on Linode, I'm working on OVH and Hetzner VPSs Anyway I don't think that the boot issue is connected with BTRFS, but I'll investigate! Thank you! Gio' [...] [1] I don't know the host filesystem but if it's BTRFS, placing a COW (qcow2) filesystem on top of another COW have a very bad performance, see https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/system/qemu-block-drivers.html#cmdoption-qcow2-arg-nocow -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures