Hello! So, what do we put in 0.4, and when do we release it? First, I’d like to release 0.4 by (or on) GNU’s 30th birthday, which is on Sep. 28th [0]. On the 28th, I’d also like to have a bootable QEMU image built with Guix, featuring at least the init system (dmd), a console login, and bare utilities. What I would really like to see in 0.4: • Guix must be usable with the old Guile 2.0.5, since that’s what some distros provide. At the GHM I realized that some people had weird bugs with that Guile, notably in the substituter. I fixed a couple of bugs, but there may be others around. So, to 2.0.5 users: please run ‘make check’, use Guix and in particular the substituter, and report bugs! • Packages: as already discussed, more packages, anything that makes the distro more useful (having Git is a must.) A package a day keeps the competition away. ;-) • Core updates: in particular libc 2.18. Possibly switch to GCC 4.8 as the default compiler. • APIs: new or extended APIs for building stand-alone images. I’ve been looking into that recently, notably with the initrd stuff. • New ‘--list-generations’ and ‘--delete-generations’ options for ‘guix package’. • Manual: improve as we see fit; notably add a section on font usage for X applications. Optional goals: • MIPS64/N64 support: the bootstrap tarballs are now all available through cross-compilation from x86_64, so it’s “just” a matter of feeding them in bootstrap.scm and trying out. • Rebuilt bootstrap binaries (aka. the “Fixed Point Project”, more on that later.) • Python 3, and related packaging changes. Anything else? What do people think? Ludo’. [0] https://www.gnu.org/gnu30/