Hello, In trying to get a generalist kernel config with Linux-Libre 3.15 for the GNU system (via GNU Guix), I thought I’d start from ‘allmodconfig’. Then I figured there are several issues: 1. Serial console is unavailable when booting. I thought that’d be addressed by explicitly setting CONFIG_SERIAL_8250=y etc. (see below for the list), but that’s not enough. What am I missing? 2. A whole bunch of test suites that run at startup are enabled by ‘allmodconfig’ (and not ‘defconfig’.) I’ve explicitly added =n options to disable some of them, but it seems there are still some lying around. Any idea whether/how these could be systematically turned off? For reference, below is my current patch. Please let me know if this is off-topic. (And apologies for being such a noob.) Thanks, Ludo’.