Björn Höfling writes: > On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:48:15 +0200 > Clément Lassieur wrote: > >> Hello! >> >> We are going to embed Bootstrap files to our Cuirass service. >> Wouldn't it be better to package Bootstrap and get the service to use >> the package directly? I think it would make maintenance easier, and >> I'm unsure it's good to have huge files on which we don't have >> control in our Cuirass git repository. WDYT? >> >> Clément > > Building from "source" would be cool, but looks like a lot of "fun": > > https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/getting-started/build-tools/#tooling-setup > > Here is the npm build script. Look at the dev-dependencies: > > https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/blob/v4.0.0-beta.2/package.json > > NPM-Yogurt. > > I think the only change to go from sources is write your own simple > build scripts and call your own SASS-compiler and JS minifier. See also: http://dustycloud.org/blog/javascript-packaging-dystopia/ "Let's Package jQuery: A Javascript Packaging Dystopian Novella" by Christopher Webber. jQuery also appears to be a dependency of Bootstrap (listed under Bootstrap's "peerDependencies"). It's quite a large Gordian knot. I hope we can cut it someday! -- Chris