Hello, Welcome to guix! Laura Lazzati writes: > Hi everyone! > > I don't know if is it OK to be telling you what I am/ I've been doing > these days, I kind of like doing so to have feedback, and also to let > you know > > I installed guix on a VM with an Ubuntu distro and it worked fine - i > ran some basic commands. > I am trying to install GuixSD over that VM too and on bare metal - > don't know if this two steps are necessary, but looking at the tasks > for Outreachy one items says that I will be doing documentation for > it. > I also read the tutorial in http://guix-hpc-bordeaux.inria.fr, the > documentation about defining packages - I am in process of studying > how to do so. And I have the following questions: > 1) should I write, at least for myself, the problems I've been > encountering in the whole process of doing everything? I think it is a good idea. Usually after using a program for some time, I get used the program behaviour and forget how it was like when I just get started. It is always good to have newcomers to share the difficulties they encountered! > 2) When a suggestion for a contribution is writing an R package, you > mean the R programming language? > Yes, I think so. A capitalized 'R' usually means the 'R programming language' in my dictionary. You can find all the R package definitions / recipes in 'gnu/package/statistics.scm'. > Regards! There're also some talks about guix on the web[0][1]. You can watch them if you are interested. Cheers, Alex [0]: https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/practical-verifiable-software-freedom-with-guixsd/ [1]: https://archive.fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/usingguix/