Hello, Ricardo Wurmus skribis: > I tried to move most of the packages in gnu/packages/guile.scm to a new > module gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm. > > The only problem with this is that package-for-guile2.0 cannot be used > in guile-xyz.scm. I cannot compile the module when there’s a reference > to package-for-guile2.0, even when the definition is in guile-xyz.scm. > The definition of package-for-guile2.0 refers to guile-2.2, which is > located in guile.scm. > > What to do? The problem is that ‘package-with-guile-2.0’ needs to resolve ‘guile-2.0’. So if you use it at the top-level, then (gnu packages guile) has to be fully loaded, or you have to be in (gnu packages guile) itself and ‘guile-2.0’ has been defined above. I think we can get around it using this cute hack. I’ll commit it if that’s fine with you. Ludo’.