Pierre Neidhardt writes: > So we could do the same with `guix filesearch`: > > - First try the entry in the database. > > - If not there, try query-path-info and if it succeeds, populate the > database. > > - If query-path-info does not succeed, try our new > query-substitutable-filesearch-info. > > That would work, no? Oops, I must have been distracted when writing this, of course this cannot work "just in time" because we `guix filesearch' does not take the local package as argument (unlike `guix size'). The local package must be indexed right after it's built, there is no way around it. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/