Bonface M. K. writes: > Christopher Lemmer Webber > writes: > >> Bonface M. K. writes: >> >>> Christopher Lemmer Webber writes: >>> >>>> Just a heads up that right now you *can* run Racket-on-Chez, but soon >>>> Racket-on-Chez will be the "default"... maybe it's a good idea to see >>>> how hard it will be to make a racket-on-chez package variant. >>>> >>>> I'm interested in looking at that but it'll probably have to be a while >>>> before I can do so... if someone does so before me, I'll be interested >>>> in beta testing at least. >>>> >>>> But also leaving this here as a self-reminder so we aren't surprised >>>> when it becomes a more important thing to deal with :) >>>> >>>> >>> >>> Also, since we are talking about Racket, what >>> happened to having a racket build system? >> >> There's interest in it, and Dimos made interesting progress towards >> figuring out some of the key problems... there's been interest beyond >> that but sadly it seems like organizing the energy to work on it hasn't >> happened for whatever reason yet. >> > > Can I volunteer on this task? There's some work in > my team done in Racket; and it would be of great > interest to us to have a working Racket build > system. I can set apart some time to work on > this. I'd ask for alot of guidance/ review on this > though :) YES! Please do. Let's talk. You can ping me on IRC also, dustyweb on freenode. >> I've offered to throw money at the problem if someone's willing to take >> it on btw... not much, but some money. I've talked to a couple of >> people about that but it stalled in each iteration.... I don't think >> it's impossible but I guess it's one of those tasks that for whatever >> reason seems difficult to get going on because there are some >> complexities around the way Racket builds "collections" that eg don't >> seem to show up in Python. Anyway that's not a judgement because >> despite wanting it fairly badly clearly I haven't made progress on it. >> >> I have the notes that Dimos wrote up not long ago in case anyone is >> interested. Dimos, do you mind if I post them to the list? >> > Please do share the notes! I can try to hack > something up \m/\m/. I looked at the email that Dimos sent to me (also the email I had was apparently not the most recent email that they are using, corrected in the addressing this time), and they had asked me if they should post it to the mailing list, so I think that's consent to post it since they expressed consideration in doing so in our exchange... so I'm attaching it.