unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Updating Packages
@ 2022-07-12 18:38 allan
From: allan @ 2022-07-12 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi there! I am new to software development, but I would like to contribute. I want to start by updating some rust packages to newer versions.<br>

So far I have just been making scheme files in a seperate directory and running "guix build -f $SCHEME_FILE". I am trying to follow the [guidlines in the manual](https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Contributing.html), but git is still new to me and I am a little confused how to make this all work.

What should I do to get package builds to recognize the updates I make to dependencies?