On 2022-11-02, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Vagrant Cascadian skribis: > >> On 2022-10-27, Ludovic Courtès wrote: >>> Release progress: week 3. >> ... >>> • Architectures: >>> >>> - powerpc64le-linux builds are back behind ci.guix, thanks to >>> Tobias! >> ... >>> - armhf-linux: No progress so far. >> >> Not sure where this fits into the release process, but I uploaded a git >> snapshot to Debian of guix from commit >> c07b55eb94f8cfa9d0f56cfd97a16f2f7d842652 ... > > Yay, thanks! > >> All 6 of the failures have the same error: >> >> test-name: channel-news, no news >> ... >> actual-error: >> + (git-error >> + #< code: -1 message: "invalid version 0 on git_proxy_options" class: 3>) >> result: FAIL > > This looks like an ABI issue with libgit2. Are you sure the same > version of libgit2 is used on all these platforms? My quick and rough archeaology shows that libgit2-dev 1.1.0+dfsg.1-4.1+b1 was used to build guile-git 0.5.2-4, but the current libgit2-dev package in Debian is 1.5.0+ds-6 ... so that seems plausible. Though, curiously, it looks like the amd64 and arm64 packages built "fine" with these same versions... while i386 and armhf triggered these issues. Maybe there was some 32-bit specific difference in the newer libgit2 versions... Lacking the property of guix where dependency chain changes trigger package rebuilds... this has to be done manually on Debian when it matters (e.g. ABI changes)... Maybe there is a better way I can track the various guile-* packages in Debian, but manually tracking all the relevent dependents seems implausible (or at least, a lot of work)... which may lead to the conclusion that maintaining Guix in Debian implausible. :/ For this specific set of tests, I can rebuild guile-git against the current libgit2 and then try building guix again ... maybe that will help. Though long-term, that means any time one of guix's dependencies (at least with C library dependencies?) changes in Debian, I'll also have to rebuild guix in Debian as well... I think. Seems like the most likely ones I would have to keep a close eye on are guile-gcrypt, guile-git, guile-gnutls (although currently part of gnutls this will likely change soonish), guile-lzlib, guile-ssh, guile-sqlite3, guile-zlib, guile-zstd. And there's also keeping an eye on guile itself, which adds another set of packages. Wheee. Hrm. live well, vagrant