-- Andreas Enge writes: > Hello, > > Am Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 01:56:27PM +0100 schrieb Josselin Poiret: >> I've been looking at the state of most failures for the CI jobset for >> core-updates, and we have a couple of problems: >> - gcc < 9 and gcc == 12 never cross-compile. >> - we can't build the cross toolchain for the hurd, because the glibc >> upgrade to 2.35 would require newer gnumach headers > > are these new issues compared to master? There we also have gcc@9 and @12, > so my guess would be no, at least for the first one. The first one no, the second one yes. >> Should we consider these blockers for a core-updates merge? > > If the situation is not worse than on master, my answer will be a firm "no". > Otherwise I am less sure. I think we might still want to merge core-updates > first and handle these cross compilation issues in a later feature branch > of the core team. I'm working on building Hurd atm, and it's been taking longer than I would've liked. We needed an update to mig, which cascaded into updates to gnumach and hurd, but they also shouldn't be too recent as we'd need a newer libc. I thought the git tags in the repos would be a safe bet, but they don't build by themselves, and lots of patches need to be backported as well :) maybe after this upgrade is over we could offer some help with releases/CI. Best, -- Josselin Poiret