On 2023-05-19, Simon Tournier wrote: > On ven., 19 mai 2023 at 11:34, Josselin Poiret wrote: >> I'm curious Leo, in general (not Guix because we have a pre-push hook), >> how do you make sure you always publish signed commits? I don't want to >> put unsigned commits anywhere except locally, but it feels like I might >> just forget to sign them before pushing. > > Well, I am not Leo. :-) Maybe I misunderstand your question but usually > my file ~/.gitconfig contains my default; say always sign. Then > locally, for some project [1], I set other options with the local file > .git/config of the repository. > > And for the ones I do not want to sign locally but I will push signed, I > have pre-push hooks. Note, in practise, I do not have such > configuration. :-) This is basically a show-stopper for me working on guix right now. I intentionally do not have access to my openpgp key on Guix System machines. This completely breaks my workflow. Neither changing ~/.gitconfig not .git/config in the working repository seems to work around this. I think the case can be made that not requiring signatures will actually prevent unintentional changes from getting pushed to the archive, as the server-side hooks will prevent unsigned changes from landing in the repository... this is why I prefer to leave my local work-in-progress changes unsigned. I only sign things I am confident I might want to push. Please revert ASAP. live well, vagrant