unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* merging r-team branch
@ 2024-07-07  7:24 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2024-07-07  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

the r-team branch has been built successfully.  It contains updates to R
and both CRAN and Bioconductor packages.

It is the last in the queue of branches to be merged:

    core-updates #70456
    tex-team     #70915
    python-team  #71408
    kde-team     #71614
    rust-team    #71703
    r-team       #71901

It touches very few packages that are not related to R.  The exception
is apache-arrow.

I know that while the python-team branch is farther up the queue it is
not actually ready to be merged, pushing up kde-team, rust-team, and
r-team.  What is the status of the other branches in the queue?

--
Ricardo

* Re: merging r-team branch
@ 2024-07-07  7:49 ` Zheng Junjie
       [not found]   ` <87ikx6hl52.fsf@qq.com>
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Zheng Junjie @ 2024-07-07  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

> Hi Guix,
>
> the r-team branch has been built successfully.  It contains updates to
> and both CRAN and Bioconductor packages.
>
> It is the last in the queue of branches to be merged:
>
>     core-updates #70456
>     tex-team     #70915
>     python-team  #71408
>     kde-team     #71614
>     rust-team    #71703
>     r-team       #71901
>
> It touches very few packages that are not related to R.  The exception
> is apache-arrow.
>
> I know that while the python-team branch is farther up the queue it is
> not actually ready to be merged, pushing up kde-team, rust-team, and
> r-team.  What is the status of the other branches in the queue?

Kde-team wasn't ready yet and I opened question to get qa to show the broken package

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: merging r-team branch
@ 2024-07-07  8:53 ` Nicolas Goaziou via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
From: Nicolas Goaziou via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution. @ 2024-07-07  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello,

> the r-team branch has been built successfully.  It contains updates to R
> and both CRAN and Bioconductor packages.
>
> It is the last in the queue of branches to be merged:
>
>     core-updates #70456
>     tex-team     #70915
>     python-team  #71408
>     kde-team     #71614
>     rust-team    #71703
>     r-team       #71901
>
> It touches very few packages that are not related to R.  The exception
> is apache-arrow.
>
> I know that while the python-team branch is farther up the queue it is
> not actually ready to be merged, pushing up kde-team, rust-team, and
> r-team.  What is the status of the other branches in the queue?

The tex-team branch is included in core-updates and currently being
built by the bordeaux farm. So it can be ignored.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: merging r-team branch
@ 2024-07-07  9:36 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2024-07-07  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello,

Am Sun, Jul 07, 2024 at 09:24:23AM +0200 schrieb Ricardo Wurmus:
> the r-team branch has been built successfully.  It contains updates to R
> and both CRAN and Bioconductor packages.
> It touches very few packages that are not related to R.  The exception
> is apache-arrow.

answering the subtext of the question, I think it would be okay to merge
the branch before the others (or rather, independently).

I see that there is a new patch on core-updates related to R:
Author: Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org>
Date:   Sun Jul 7 00:42:43 2024 +0200
    gnu: r-minimal: Add dependency on ‘texlive-etoolbox’.
    * gnu/packages/statistics.scm (r-with-tests)[native-inputs]: Add
    TEXLIVE-ETOOLBOX.
    Change-Id: I1ea48e5afa013d8c36054f423e57252dbc02f12a

So when merging first r-team and then core-updates or the other way round,
it would be good to pay attention to it.

Andreas

* Re: merging r-team branch
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-07-07 17:04 ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2024-07-07 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

On Sun, Jul 07, 2024 at 09:24:23AM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Hi Guix,
>
> the r-team branch has been built successfully.  It contains updates to R
> and both CRAN and Bioconductor packages.
>
> It is the last in the queue of branches to be merged:
>
>     core-updates #70456
>     tex-team     #70915
>     python-team  #71408
>     kde-team     #71614
>     rust-team    #71703
>     r-team       #71901
>
> It touches very few packages that are not related to R.  The exception
> is apache-arrow.
>
> I know that while the python-team branch is farther up the queue it is
> not actually ready to be merged, pushing up kde-team, rust-team, and
> r-team.  What is the status of the other branches in the queue?

The rust-team has no objections to you merging first.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: merging r-team branch