Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Kei Kebreau writes: > >> Ricardo Wurmus writes: >> >>> Kei Kebreau writes: >>> >>>> Hello all, >>>> >>>> I've completed a patch for GNU Denemo, though it has one minor issue. At >>>> the end of the build it complains about a musical flat symbol in one of the >>>> filenames. The other files like it use a "b" in place of the flat >>>> symbol. Should I patch it just for Guix, or go upstream with my concerns >>>> for consistency? >>> >>> What exactly complains about the character? I think Guix should be able >>> to handle this just fine. Renaming the file because of what looks like >>> a bug in Guix is not the right approach here. >>> >>> (Incidentally, I have a similar problem with “find-files”, which >>> complains about files with non-ASCII characters in their name.) >>> >>> ~~ Ricardo >>> >> >> I just checked. The issue is "find-files." Have you come up with a >> solution to the issue, or is it just a bug in Guix that needs to be fixed? > > In my case it was because I used the “trivial-build-system”. Unlike the > “gnu-build-system” it does not have a build phase which installs a UTF-8 > locale. The way around it was to reuse the locale setting code in the > “install-locale” phase. > > This probably won’t help you as you are already using the > “gnu-build-system” so the build phases should run in a UTF-8 locale. > Could it be that the file is not UTF-8 encoded and you really need some > other encoding? > > ~~ Ricardo > The file is UTF-8 encoded (according to the file command), so I don't know why it would show the warning. Guix ultimately doesn't install the file to the store, which is why this is an issue. -- Kei (GPG Key: 4096R/E6A5EE3C19467A0D)