unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Mekeor Melire <mekeor.melire@gmail.com>
To: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Git-style aliases in Guix?
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 04:27:59 +0100	[thread overview]

What I really mean to say is, that it'd be a shame, if Guix had a
configuration file like Git which uses this syntax:

    [user]
            name = example
            email = example@example.example
    [alias]
            i = init
            z = stash
            s = status

I mean, all the files Guix reads are written in Scheme (config.scm,
manifest.scm, any package.scm). So, how could it work that Guix was
configured in Scheme?

Is there any way we could make config.scm include a similar data-type as
`operating-system`, maybe called `guix-configuration` or whatever, which
has a field called `aliases`?

I mean, implementing aliases isn't per-se difficult. But I'd love to
have a much broader approach to configure Guix (and Guix' CLI).

--
mekeor ~ EDD3 DFFA 76F6 11C0 145F 9A99 AC85 BAD8 A2F8 C868