"Feng Shu" writes: > Yestaday, I reinstall my guixsd, and install xfce4 as my desktop. > A problem faced is that: When I press Ctrl-Alt-F1, F2, F3 ... > I can not start a tty, instead of start a slim login picture? > > Any suggestion? thanks! Just the other day, I discovered that in GNOME, I could not switch to a virtual terminal by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F2. Instead, the screen would simply appear to freeze until I pressed Ctrl-Alt-F7 again. In my case, this problem only occurs when I've connected an external monitor to my laptop. When I unplug the external monitor, I am able to successfully switch to a virtual terminal by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F2. If you are using an external monitor, then perhaps you should try unplugging it first? -- Chris