Kei Kebreau writes: > Ludovic Courtès writes: > >> Hello Kei, >> >> Kei Kebreau skribis: >> >>> I have the GNOME 3.32 branch! I'm building it on top of the new >>> core-updates as you read this message. If everything still builds, I'll >>> immediately send my changes to the guix-patches mailing list for review >>> and testing. >> >> Shouldn’t you instead base it on ‘master’ or ‘staging’? >> >> That may allow us to merge it more quickly, especially if these are only >> GNOME-related changes. >> >> Thanks for working on it! >> >> Ludo’. > > Hi Ludovic, > > Taken individually, most changes on the GNOME 3.32 branch could be > pushed to master without too much trouble. The only issues are big changes like > upgrading Vala. The following changes would cause a large number of > rebuilds: > > At least 300 rebuilds: python-pygobject, gtk+ > > At least 1200 rebuilds: gtk-doc, vala, yelp-tools, python-parameterized, > python-check-manifest, python-anytree > > I'll minimize the changes, isolate what I can, and submit the results > for review as time allows! Thanks! Sounds like something we can handle in a 'staging' cycle. By the way, GNOME 3.34 is out, and 3.36 is slated for March. So I think we will finally be able to catch up with GNOME again soon... (let's focus on 3.32 first though ;-))