Ludovic Courtès writes: > I agree. ‘package-input-rewriting’ gives us almost what you want, with > the limitation that implicit inputs are ignored (which is a good thing > sometimes, and a problem in cases where you want to experiment with > toolchains, as you write). > > What we’d need is a variant of ‘package-input-rewriting’ that somehow > walks through implicit dependencies. It could do that by changing the > build system, I guess. To clarify, this does not cover the extent of what "parameters" could do, since parameters are not just about input rewriting. What do you think of my other answer on using parameters to tweak the `arguments' field? (E.g. the "python" argument for the python-build-system.) -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/