Chris Marusich writes: > In the end, I think a packager is expected to be operating in good > faith, in accordance with the FSDG. This means that packagers look for > freedom issues and address them when found. It does not mean that > packagers are expected to provide a detailed "bill of materials" for > every single package, although that is certainly something that some > people think is important (and some people don't). Another way of saying this is that, in my understanding, the license field is "just a hint". It should be a useful hint, of course, but it is still just a hint, rather than an exhaustive or authoritative description of all licensing implications for all use cases. -- Chris