On 2021-05-16, Maxim Cournoyer wrote: > Yes, thank you Simon and Leo for the help with the release! I felt less > lonely :-). I've learned that producing a release can easily take 2-3 > weeks even in good conditions (e.g., not many blockers to fix). I'd > suggest anyone (myself included :-)) trying to meet the schedule to > seriously start trying to put out RCs a month before the planned release > date. It would be nice to get a Release Candidate (or Pre Release?) out with some time before the string freeze; it's easiest for me to do the spelling/grammar/typo checks and fixes after the first RC tarball (as it is basically just part of my packaging for Debian workflow), but was a little disappointing to not be able to get such trivial fixes into the release. Alternately or additionally, setting up a "make dist" job on ci.guix.gnu.org and publishing the resulting tarball somewhere would allow me to check at arbitrary points during the release cycle and catch things earlier. live well, vagrant