Hi Arun, Arun Isaac writes: > Tooling aside, at least for me, I think there is an important emotional > and psychological aspect to patch review. Maybe others share it too. So, > I'll speak up. Thanks a lot for your speak up! > Guix has very high coding standards Do you think other software distribution do have less high coding standards? [...] > but that means that there is a high cost of failure please can you expand on this? What is that cost of failure? > and a pressure to live up to that high standard. This means that even > if I'm 99% sure of a commit, I tend to leave it to others because of > that nagging 1% doubt I have about some trivial aspect of the > patch. The 1% doubt could even be about really trivial things like > indentation or the name of a variable. In other words, perfectionism > causes paralysis. generally speaking I really understand your feeling (the "impostor syndrome" as Ludo' say) but please do not be paralyzed by this feeling, do /not/ have fear to make a mistake, we (pluralis majestatis :-D ) are not here to judge you specifically speaking, IMHO in cases like this you should send an email-reply to that bug (patch) explaining the 1% you are unsure of > This excessive self-doubt is created by feeling like one doesn't > "belong" in the elite community of Guix hackers I undestand there are many meanings of "elite" [1], but if it's an elite it is /for sure/ a very open group of persons [...] Thanks! Gio' [1] https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/elite -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures