Marius Bakke writes: > Kei Kebreau writes: > >> This was supposed to be a simple version bump for Maxima, but it has >> come to my attention that Maxima hasn't built reproducibily for quite a >> while now (since version 5.36.1 according to my tests, possibly >> further). Is there any particular reason why? I can't seem to pinpoint >> the cause. > > The patch looks good. Are you sure it was reproducible before? > That's the thing; I'm not sure! I'll being investigating, though. > I've found 'diffoscope' to be useful when troubleshooting > reproducibility problems. E.g. by running it on two cancelled builds, or > by installing to different output paths with a superficial change to the > expression. It will show sections that differs which may aid locating > the offending code. > Yes. I see that diffoscope complains about missing 'xxd'. That may be useful to package (unless we already have it and I'm just oblivious). > For C family programs, a "hail mary" grep for __DATE__ or __TIME__ can > be enough. Tobias suggested making those return a fixed value, which I > think could be worthwhile, at least for the build environment. Cool. I'll remember this tip. Patch pushed as 4a652c78d425bfd76c2baba510ecd255b22b4714.