Kyle Meyer writes: > Alex Kost writes: > > [...] > >>> Maybe I'm underestimating all the ways people use "guix environment". >>> When I use it, I'm interested in getting an isolated environment, >>> usually for testing, and in this case I don't want the Emacs packages >>> from my profile. >> >> OK, now I understand your point and I don't object against your patch. >> OTOH I'm pretty sure there are people who will be surprised that when >> emacs is started under "guix environment", it ignores packages from the >> "~/guix-profile". > > OK, given that many (all other? :]) users would expect a different > behavior ... Wait, isn't this what --pure is for? I haven't followed the discussion, but I would expect `guix environment` to *add* to my current profile, and use '--pure' if I want a "clean" environment.