Hi Ricardo, Thanks for looking into this! Before anything else, the issue is quite recent (max 4 weeks old) and it used to work, so I'm wondering at this point if fontinst is not a red herring. Even then, we should also fix fontinst of course :) Since we are on the verge of revamping our TeX packages, I'm stopping the guessing game and I've looked at tlpdb. So here is the deal: 2 packages: - fontinst: depends on fontinst.ARCH, required only by collection-fontutils. Contains some 100s files, most of which are located in texmf-dist/tex/fontinst/. Our texlive-tex-fontinst-base is missing most of those. - fontinst.ARCH: only contains bin/ARCH/fontinst. Our texlive-bin has them. So as far as I get it, our texlive-bin should be enough to generate a full texlive-fontinst. What do you think? -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/