Ludo', all, mikadoZero wrote: > Ludovic Courtès writes: […] >> However, thinking more about it, I’m not sure if considering >> shells as >> state is such a good idea, for several reasons: >> >> 1. It’s surprising that ‘guix system reconfigure’ doesn’t >> actually >> change the shell, as Tanguy reported. > > As a new user of Guix System I was recently surprised by this as > well. > I was expecting the shell to be managed by configuration. As an old user, I agree ;-) It's so surprising because we don't set ‘user-overridable defaults’ for state anywhere else. You can't reason about your system the way you used to. The config is a lie. > All in all, I’m in favor of switching back to the previous > behavior: > considering user shells as system config. That’s a one-line > change in > (gnu build accounts). +1! Kind regards, T G-R