Mathieu, Jonathan, A truly graphical installer would be glorious. Exploring it was what led to the quick & dirty zisofs patch. Like you I was able to get a surprisingly working Gnome desktop, but it was very rough at the edges. (However my compressed images were closer to 1.4 GiB than your 1.7 which might explain that; cut out things like GDM &c.). Are you, for example, able to connect to a Wi-Fi network the Gnome way (not using the installer), without a Gnome authentication dialogue popping up that doesn't understand the notion of ‘no password’? I had to open a terminal and ‘passwd’ myself out of that to continue. I ran into so many paper cuts like this I burnt out due to Gnome being, you know, Gnome. Mathieu Othacehe 写道: > Now, I'm not sure this is something we want to merge > as-is. Maybe, it's > time to port the installer to a GTK3 application, or a Web > application. As we already have something working, porting (gnu > installer) to a new graphical backend, could be not so hard. Last time I brought this up someone mentioned using Calamares[0]. Not that I think that's a good idea, but it's another data point for discussion :-p Jonathan Brielmaier 写道: > Nice initiative! Maybe it would be an idea to use XFCE instead > of GNOME > as it's tend to be a little smaller. And maybe more stable as > they don't > have that many releases... As much as I dislike Gnome, I think we should first try to use the (most likely) default desktop during the installation, and I do think that's currently Gnome. Not at all costs of course. Size. Stability. Sanity. Kind regards, T G-R [0]: https://calamares.io/