unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* zabbix-cloudwatch service extension and packaging request
@ 2020-09-11 14:51 Giovanni Biscuolo
From: Giovanni Biscuolo @ 2020-09-11 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

First of all: this would be a paid development that should be delivered
in two or three weeks since today, please contact me privately if you
are interested.

We are using zabbix-server on Guix as monitoing server and I would like
to use zabbix-cloudwatch [1] to collect metrics for some services
running on AWS, via Amazon CluodWatch API.

AFAIU I cannot "manually install" and configure the software as
described in the plugin README for obvious reasons so I'd need a package
and probably also a service (zabbix service extension).

Since I'm still not able to extend the zabbix service with such a
plugin, please is there any Guix community developer willing to develop
this?

Of course, the resulting code (all packages and services) will be sent
to guix-patch to be evaluated for inclusion in master.

If you have any question or comment please do not esitate to contact
me.

Thanks! Gio'

[1] https://github.com/omni-lchen/zabbix-cloudwatch I'm going to contact
the author to kindly ask to clarify about the license

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures