zimoun writes: > Hi Chris, > > Since blog post about Data Services seems floating around, I describe > what I find useful as an end-user of the service. And if you have not > showed me IRL at FOSDEM (and you showed me several times ;-)), then I > would not be using the service so often. ... > Well, I could describe other use cases, but I think this one is really > useful for the end-user: > > - list all the versions available (since Dec. 2019 I guess) > - know which build and which not > - easily find the commit for “guix time-machine” Thanks for putting this together Simon. Something I've been thinking about in relation to this is making this information more available. The Guix Data Service tries to structure the data in a sensible manor, which doesn't always best fit how people most often want to use it. Maybe there could be a packages.guix.gnu.org service which pulls together information about packages to meet the common needs that users of Guix have. Things like: - Searching for packages by name - Looking at version availability - Looking at build success/substitute availability Thanks again, Chris