Maxime Devos writes: > Upgrading the GPLv2-only code might be dificult if multiple people hold > the copyright, so for the GPLv2-only code, it might be a good idea to still > require copyright assignment. When we did it for Mercurial, going from GPLv2 only to or later took years and a *lot* of work. That’s why I consider copyright assignment to the FSF as a good idea. They still get restricted to only use that to further Free Software (if they violate that, the assignment loses the reliablility that they need). >> Even if you do keep it yourself, it makes it more difficult for anyone to enforce >> the GPL for that project. > > A fair point, though I don't know how accurate that is. From what I read, it’s the most important point, because the first answer the other sides lawyers always give is „you’re not authorized by *all* authors to enforce the GPL, so you lose.“ Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken