Christopher Baines writes: > Since it's easier to iterate once there's something visible, I've just > stuck what I've got so far on the internet, it's available at: > > https://qa.guix.gnu.org/ > > The code is here [3] and I've put a list of ideas in the README. > > 3: https://git.cbaines.net/guix/qa-frontpage/about/ > > Currently, there's a page which lists issues, and pages for individual > issues that show build and lint warning changes. Behind the scenes, it's > also submitting builds to the build coordinator for the packages > affected by patches (for x86_64-linux, i686-linux, aarch64-linux and > armhf-linux). > > As I've been developing it, I've been looking at various recent patch > series, and it seems like this is already useful. It's reassuring when > reviewing patches to see that packages still build on the architectures > being tested. Also, unlike earlier prototype patch testing setups, > because the builds are now happening on a default substitute server, > there should be some benefits already with substitutes being available > at the point the patches are merged. > > This is very much still at the prototype stage though, many pages will > timeout or just fail to load due to an error. > > Let me know if you have any comments or questions? If you want to try > and work on adding any features, I should also have time to try and help > out as well, so just let me know you're interested. There's been some more progress now since I sent this email, so I thought I'd send an update. I've started to try and show some overall status for each issue, that's the green circle which can appear on the patches page. I want to try and make this available as an image as well, so that it can be included on the issue page on issues.guix.gnu.org, linking up qa.guix.gnu.org and issues.guix.gnu.org. I've also managed to use the GraphQL API for issues.guix.gnu.org to fetch tags, which is very exciting as it makes it possible to do all kinds of things I think. Starting with showing specific tags on the qa.guix.gnu.org pages, and ending maybe with replacing Patchwork with data provided by Mumi. Also, while builds for patches were happening, there's now support for submitting builds for a branch. This is the case for staging, so these builds are now happening. It'll probably take many days, maybe even weeks for all the builds to happen, but at this point I'm mostly interested in getting the software working so that qa.guix.gnu.org is really useful for working with branches going forward. I also covered this qa.guix.gnu.org thing in the talk I gave yesterday at the 10 Years of Guix event. See the email with this subject [1] for some very rough notes from the discussion that happened in the late afternoon. There's a list of seemingly actionable things in there, some of which relate to the qa.guix.gnu.org site. In particular, I'll try and push the repository to Savannah at some point this week, so let me know if you have thoughts on changing the name (currently qa-frontpage) before I do. 1: Notes from discussion on Quality Assurance from the 10 Years of Guix event Do let me know if you have any comments or questions! Thanks, Chris