Hartmut Goebel writes: > Hi guix! > > I have a package installing a lib as …/lib/plasma/libDiscoverCommon.so > and a second lib as …/lib/other/lib.so. > > Building and linking works fine, but phase `validate-runpath' fails with: > > "…/other/lib.so depends on 'libDiscoverCommon.so', which cannot be found > in RUNPATH". > > I checked the RUNPATH shown in this error-message and it includes the > correct output of this package. But the RUNPATH only includes "…/lib", > not "…/lib/plasma" – I don't know if this matters. > > It is one of the KDE packages, using the cmake-build-system, which did > not show this kind of errors (for me). libDiscoverCommon.so was > installed to the correct output of this package. > > I tried setting linker flags, as I've seen in other packages, but this > did not help. > > How to solve this? Cmake has a couple of options for controlling RUNPATH. https://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_RPATH_handling See e.g. 'ceph' for a similar example. Would that approach work?