Ludovic Courtès writes: > Pierre Neidhardt skribis: > >> Oh my!! I had no clue about `guix environment --root` :/ >> That's embarrassing... :p > > At least we learned something about discoverability of these options. > :-) > >> This probably solves many issues. >> >> I guess we ought to update the cookbook with this! > > That’d be great! Hmm, actually I don't really know where to put it. The trick is that `guix environment --root` does no just use the symlinked profile when it exists, it first builds the environment and thus builds/downloads packages if necessary. We don't talk about guix environment in the cookbook chapter, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to introduce it there. Maybe we first need to progress with regard to the command line enhancements we are discussing in the other thread. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/