Jan Wielkiewicz writes: > Is it normal guix ran from "./pre-inst-env" builds everything from the > source code? I ran "./pre-inst-env guix build jami --cores=2 > --max-jobs=2" and Guix started to build webkitgtk, even though the > substitute is available. Or did I change something that causes webkit > to get rebuild. If you changed any (recursive) input of webkitgtk, then yes, it will trigger a rebuilt. If you didn't, but if you "guix pulled" and upstream changed an input recently while the build farm hasn't had time to produce a substitute, then you'll have to build webkitgtk yourself, or wait for the build farm. > This made checking if Jami builds properly not possible, > because my machine has only 3,1 GB of RAM. > I could set up Guix on my second, more powerfull machine, but last time > I tried, the installer script didn't work on Devuan. I don't know if > it's a bug, or is the system not supported. I could install Guix System > there, but the machine is highly proprietary and Guix isn't yet fully > ready for the desktop use for me (not every package I use, including > Jami, is available yet). > But I suppose Jami will work this time, there's not much (or nothing) to > fix now. I'm attaching all patches, including the most recent. Thanks a lot, I'll give it a shot then. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/