Hi Janneke, >> I was involved in the packaging of exwm when it was first done, and I >> hear your frustration. :-) Please do send patches (with me on Cc) >> addressing the issue, and we can continue our discussion there. > > As someone who didn't have a prior EXWM setup in their .emacs, I have > been enjoying the separate .exwm config file. Ah, I see. That may be good reason to not break this separation between .emacs and .exwm. > I'm wondering, how have you managed to switch off exwm when running a > nested emacs or a console emacs? I myself have never run a nested emacs or a console emacs session. So, I have never encountered this problem. Cheers! Arun