On 2022-05-02, zimoun wrote: > On Mon, 02 May 2022 at 06:11, Vagrant Cascadian wrote: >> $ guix challenge --diff=none $(cat guix-base-set) ... >> The fact that the guix and guile packages do not build reproducibly is a >> little disappointing as they're both so central to guix itself; I >> suspect parallelism triggers those reproducibility issues(from >> experience with Debian), though that may just reveal other issue in >> guile itself. > > About Guix, probably bug#44835 [1] for one, I guess. And note this old > Guile bug#20272 [2] for two, which implies unreproducible Guix. > > 1: This one is regarding build paths, and since guix normalizes the build path in the build environment, it should not affect builds in guix... > 2: But this one definitely touches on the parallelism issue! Thanks for the links! I remembered commenting on them... just didn't find the links with a quick search... live well, vagrant