unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
To: Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: antioxidant-build-system can be tested as a channel, + GTK app 'castor' builds
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 17:26:09 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be> skribis:

> I've set up the channel things for the antioxidant repo,
> so now you can put the following in channels.scm:
>
> (use-modules (guix ci))
>
> (cons
>  (channel
>   (name 'antioxidated-packages)
>   (url "https://notabug.org/maximed/cargoless-rust-experiments")
>   (introduction
>    (make-channel-introduction
>     "020851ad649480ee4769b77a947642e993ea5956"
>     (openpgp-fingerprint
>      "C1F3 3EE2 0C52 8FDB 7DD7  011F 49E3 EE22 1917 25EE"))))
>  (list (channel-with-substitutes-available
>             %default-guix-channel
>             "https://ci.guix.gnu.org")))
>

> do "guix pull" and "guix shell antioxidated-castor -- castor" to
> run a 'castor' build (*) with antioxidant-build-system.  (Warning:
> some crates were updated or added without checking the source code
> diff for malware!)

Nice!  (Unfortunately notabug.org is down since a few days ago.)

To make sure share a common understanding, could you post a summary of:

  1. the goals;
  2. the status;
  3. pros and cons over the status quo and other options (if any!);
  4. the next steps.

I think you already explained #1 but it can’t hurt to rehash.  ;-)

It’d be great to address the major shortcoming of the current solution,
which is its isolation from the rest of Guix.

Thanks,
Ludo’.