unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
To: "Artyom V. Poptsov" <poptsov.artyom@gmail.com>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org,  Sharlatan Hellseher <sharlatanus@gmail.com>,
	Andrew Tropin <andrew@trop.in>
Subject: Re: Request for commit access
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2024 16:24:57 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Artyom,

"Artyom V. Poptsov" <poptsov.artyom@gmail.com> skribis:

> I want to apply for commit access in GNU Guix.  I think I could help
> with some packages (as I usually do now), but maybe just a little bit
> faster.  It seems that GNU Guix could use another helping hand as
> there's sometimes a shortage of people who review patches.

Definitely!  And indeed, I think it’s important for committers to
understand that a large part of the job is reviewing and applying other
people’s patches, as opposed to “just” pushing one’s own patches (this
is also useful and welcome of course, but we need both).

[...]

> Probably Sharlatan Hellseher, Andrew Tropin and Ludovic Courtès could
> write some "professional reference" to this email as I worked along with
> them on Guix patches.

I’m of course happy to vouch for you.  I have now emailed
guix-maintainers@gnu.org to say so!

Thanks,
Ludo’.