ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) skribis: > Mark H Weaver skribis: > >> The 'bash' in the glibc package is handicapped in at least two ways: >> >> * It can't set the locale, because it looks for locales in >> /nix/store/eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-glibc-intermediate-2.18-locales >> >> * It can't look up anything from NSS, such as passwd data, because it >> tries to load the modules from >> /nix/store/eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-glibc-intermediate-2.18 >> >> There are two problems that need to be addressed, I think: >> >> * Users could easily end up with this handicapped 'bash' as their >> primary bash, if they installed (or upgraded?) 'glibc' since the last >> time I installed 'bash'. This happened to me, for example. > > I realized that this particular problem is easily solved by moving > glibc’s bash away from $bindir, for instance to $libexecdir. I gave up on this one for this time, because it started taking too much time, and because new hacks were needed to make sure we wouldn’t keep references to the bootstrap sh. For reference, below is the unfinished patch. Ludo’.