Pierre Neidhardt skribis: > What do you think about the moving the SBCL / ECL definitions to package > outputs? I thought about having the sources, SBCL compiled files and ECL compiled files respectively in the 'out', 'sbcl' and 'ecl' packages outputs; however I thought there could be issues in some cases. For example, if a profile contained cl-xyz and cl-xyz:sbcl, and if the user tried to load this xyz system in ECL, then I think ECL would try to compile the system and write the compiled files to cl-xyz:sbcl and fail because it is read-only. That's because cl-xyz:sbcl contains the ASDF configuration indicating "the compiled files for cl-xyz are in cl-xyz:sbcl", and ECL is going to read that configuration. It might be possible to have smarter ASDF configuration files behaving differently depending on the lisp implementation running, but I have not investigated this for the moment. > About Osicat: There are grovel left overs that could be removed. > The former build system used to do that automatically. Maybe we can > restore this behaviour? The former build system deleted everything in 'lib/common-lisp/' except the bundle. We can't do that anymore because now the fasl files that we have to keep are in a directory tree whose structure we can't really predict. It depends how the sources are organized. Maybe we could just add a 'cleanup-left-overs' phase in the definition of the packages where some left-overs can be deleted.