Pierre Neidhardt writes: > Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but ideally it'd be nice if the > interface would be so straightforward it didn't need any instructions to > use :) > > In particular, the "Version From To" table is hard to grasp to a > newcomer. > > During the Guix Days we talked about how to make it a bit more > approachable. From what I recall: > > - Maybe make the timeline bars more visible. I've finally got around to looking at this now. I've changed them to a slightly darker grey. > - The timeline is not usable and does not convey much information beside > an approximate lifespan of versions, which I'm not sure many users > need. Consider removing it, or displaying it in a separate graph? > > Ultimately, we need a list of versions with their Guix builds. Personally, that what I designed that page to convey, at least the grey bars, they're just to give a sense of how the versions/derivations/outputs have changed over time. > - "From" and "To" should probably be renamed "From Guix build" and "To > Guix build" respectively. I've made the commit hash more prominent now, which might help with this. > - (More information) should be renamed to something like "Package > information". I've made this change now.