unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net>
To: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: The Guix Data Service can now compare system tests between two revisions
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 20:37:34 +0000	[thread overview]

Hey,

Small update on the stuff I'm doing around trying to test patches, the
Guix Data Service can now compare system test derivations between two
revisions [1]. I'm using this functionality to spot derivations to build
to test patches, and expose the status of those through the Guix Data
Service web interface.

1: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/data-service.git/commit/?id=6f89066355246a475897a66751afc7a75dd62aa3

There's an example of what this looks like here [2]. In the script I'm
using to submit the builds to the Guix Build Coordinator instance, it
has a list of the system tests that change with any change to Guix, and
those will get a lower priority. Other system tests should be processed
with a relatively high priority.

2: https://data.guix-patches.cbaines.net/compare/system-test-derivations?base_commit=fdfc1c81ba018dd808b0dfd9827a73262c716808&target_commit=6a468a0c4b92580468cefd3883ced71679e9615d&locale=en_US.UTF-8

There's still the issues that insights from building things are
currently visible in the Guix Data Service web interface, and not where
they'd be more useful (Patchwork or Mumi for example), but I've got some
ideas on how to start addressing that.

Chris