On Wed, Sep 29 2021, Katherine Cox-Buday wrote: > Xinglu Chen writes: > >> I disagree, I think it’s OK for things like (guix git), which are mainly >> used by developers, to not be documented in the manual. > > I strongly disagree with this. As a long-time developer, I have used > documentation both as a user and as a developer many times. > > Documentation is for everyone. I said “to not be documented in the manual” (the majority of (guix …) modules aren’t documented in the manual); that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any docstrings. The manual says that all top-level procedures should have docstrings (see “16.5.4 Formatting Code”) We require all top-level procedures to carry a docstring. This requirement can be relaxed for simple private procedures in the ‘(guix build ...)’ name space, though.