Hi Maxime Maxime Devos writes: > Giovanni Biscuolo schreef op ma 13-06-2022 om 11:34 [+0200]: >> Maxime I have a question for you please: do you really think that in >> the NixOS community > > Going by the Java example, yes, at least for some of the NixOS > community. I've also seen this interpretation of reproducibility in > Clojure (there was some question on building things from source and > reproducibility, and the response was something along the line ‘using > upstream binaries is 100% reproducible’). Ouch! It hurts so much ;-( [...] >> P.S.: or you Maxime are just playng the devil's advocate? :-D > > No, I'm not advocating that trivial reproducibility is useful or the > goal or such. My response was some speculation on an answer to the > following question: > >> but it's impossible to me to understand how a packaged upstream jar >> can be considered reproducible (and bootstrappable); OK OK, now I understand, I did not imagine there's still this kind of interpretation about reproducible builds in some groups of developers/maintainers Thanks! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures